A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Melancholy

This time of year always makes me think about the past year and I always get a bit melancholy.

This year it's hitting a bit harder.  I was going through some "On This Day" posts this week.  I think I realize why.

2011: I spent almost 24 hours editing videos and saving them to CDs to bring to Dan's doctors.

2014: Dan's urn arrived and we were finally able to give him is permanent resting place.  I remember ordering it as soon as my Jamberry bonus arrived and Shelby kissing the bag of ashes (at 16 months) and saying "I love you".

This meteor shower last night also didn't help with the emotional balance.  Plus the frigid weather is keeping me huddled up with comfort clothes and food.

Shelby doesn't quite understand why mommy locks herself in the bathroom at times.  Sometimes a deep cry is healing.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)