A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

School days

Well, it's happening again.  It's the first day of school.  Something we never had a chance to experience with Dan.  And every year, it hurts seeing all the kids going back to school.  I feel my heart break when I see pictures of kids that are Dan's age - knowing what grade he would be in, what he would be doing.

For some reason, the start of the school year is a trigger point for me.  Maybe it is seeing the kids get a year older.  Maybe it is seeing what they are going.  It makes me realize how much I have missed. Don't get me wrong, I love seeing the pictures. It's just something we never had the chance to experience.

Shelby is starting Kindergarten next year.  I wonder if some of these feelings will ease. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)