A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Gut check

Grief is a funny thing.  Always there and always unpredictable.

Over the past few weeks I know 3 people who have lost people close to them.  One stuck me a little harder than the rest.

But what really struck me was that my daughter is growing up.
She is laying on the toy car mat that used to be in Dan's room.  Her head is near a memorable spot too.

So we started cleaning and organizing his room.  We always said we would let her pick her room and she is spending more time in there than in her room.

Then the gut check happened.  As we were cleaning and organizing, we found things we weren't expecting.  And in places we weren't expecting them.  Needless to say, I became a ball of tears.

Just one more reminder of what (and who) is missing.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, Jill. I can't imagine that pain. My prayers are always with you.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)