A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

20 Days of Writing: Day 2 - Winter Comfort Food

This post is part of the 20 Days of Chill Writing Challenge hosted by A ‘lil HooHaa. Please check out the site if you’d like to see others or join in. And for those participating, take a moment and check out the other participants!

 
 
 
Everyone has their "go to" winter comfort food when it is freezing cold outside with the blowing snow.
 
Food and Wine has a slide show of 17 recipes.  Some of them are definitely what I would call winter comfort food:
  • Hot chocolate
  • Macaroni and cheese
  • Chili
  • Beef Stew
  • Baked Potatoes
 
But what is curiously missing is soups.  My winter favorite is New England Clam Chowder - the hearty cream soup with big chunks of potatoes and onions and clams.
 
Photo from Wikipedia
 
 
So what is your go to winter comfort food?  You know, the one that you would eat all curled up in a blanket in front of a roaring fire watching the snow fall?  Yeah, that comfort food......

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)