A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Life of Dan - Age 2

For Niemann Pick Disease awareness month, I wanted to post a few videos.  Many people who read this blog never met Dan when he was "healthy" and many never met him at all.

This video was taken on the date in the video.  Dan was a few weeks shy of his second birthday.  We had undergone a lot of testing which didn't yield any results.  He remained undiagnosed for another 2 1/2 years.

 
 
 
So here is Dan when he was just about age 2.  Besides his speech, he seems pretty normal.  You can't really see it, but his abdomen is larger than usual.  That was his only obvious symptom of Niemann Pick Disease, Type C.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)