A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, October 27, 2014

5 For Five - Oct 27

So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals I want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:
1. Read newspapers through June 20.  Nope.  Got through the 14th.
2. Finish clearing out the expired coupons. Partially completed.
3. Find the flannel crib sheets, which I think are in Dan's room. Looked everywhere and can't find them, so I think I sold them.  But a success because I looked!
4. Continue publicizing my October fundraiser. Done!  And continuing this week too!
5. Finish my phone cleanup and get rid of stuff I don't need. Another continuing project.



Not a great week.  I did some things.  So what are my goals for this week???
So here are my SMART goals for this week (almost the same as last week):
1. Read the newspapers through June 20.
2. Finish clearing out the expired coupons.
3. Push my Niemann Pick fundraiser and the custom designed nail wrap (see the post for a picture of the wrap)
4. Finish the phone cleanup.
5. Figure out what we are doing for Halloween. (I made this one easy since it is Friday!)
 

You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode by Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom.  SMART goals are: specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)