A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Celebrating Elks

Every May, the New York Elks hold their annual spring convention.  This year it was in Buffalo.  This is actually Shelby's 2nd convention.  She was 6 weeks old when we went to the one in the fall.

At the spring convention, the new State President is elected and installed.  There is a big celebration to mark the event.  Guess who got into the festivities?







We were hoping for good weather that weekend to get out and do some sightseeing, since we were right near the harbor.  But it was chilly and damp.  Thankfully I brought some heavy clothes.




We knew that we had a few of these convention things to go to, between the Elks and NNPDF, so we invested in a portable bed for Shelby to sleep in.  Looks like she likes it!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)