A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, May 5, 2014

5 for Five - May 5



So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:


1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 4 months!  Yes!  Two weeks in a row on this one!
2. Clean out two clutter areas before Shelby starts crawling. Nope.  Really need to do this!
3. Get into a blogging schedule. I have lots of ideas, and am starting to get into a pattern.
4. Do another Shutterfly book. Done!
5. Do a bit more on the blog redesign. Nope.

Not a great week, but I've had a few challenging weeks.

So what are my goals for this week???  I'm keeping the same goals.  I am determined to get them done this week.

1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 3 months!
2. Clean out one of the clutter areas.  I'm working on borrowed time right now before Shelby starts crawling.
3. Get some blog posts scheduled for the next few weeks.
4. Make some phone calls and send some emails that I need to do.
5. Celebrate 9 months!


You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)