A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, May 19, 2014

5 for Five - May 19



So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:



1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 3 months! Done! With a few extra!
2. Figure out what clothes Shealby needs for summer. She's growing as she should, but at a bit over 13 pounds at 9 months, she will be between two sizes this summer. Think I'm going with the bigger size, so now to figure out what she actually needs...
3. Get some blog posts scheduled for the next few weeks. Almost all of last week's blog posts were pre-scheduled, but I don't have any left! Better start writing!
4. Make some phone calls and send some emails that I need to do. Sent the emails. Didn't make the phone calls.
5. Knock this cold out. I'm calling this done! I'm still coughing every now and them, and my voice goes out a bit every now and then, but I'm feeling great!

That was an awesome week! Can I do it 2 weeks in a row?

So what are my goals for this week???

1. SMART goal - read 12 newspapers this week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 3 months! I'm mid way through November, so I'm making progress...
2. Pre-schedule some blog posts.
3. Cross off some items off my technology "to do" list. Yes, I have named my "to do" lists. It seems to help me manage them a bit better.
4. Make a list of summer clothes needs for Shelby.
5. Make those phone calls!


You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)