A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

What an Elks Year!

It was about this time a year ago I was writing about the honor my husband received being elected Exalted Ruler (CEO) of our local Elks Lodge.

His term technically ended on March 31, however the official ceremony installing the new Exalted Ruler was on Sunday, April 6.

Here are some highlights from the past year:

3 Conferences: Albany, NY; Reno, NV; White Plains, NY



Reno, Nevada in July


This was me and Shelby in White Plains, when she was about 6 weeks old.


Daddy and Shelby in White Plains at 6 weeks old.


Memorial Day Parade and Flag Day Parade






A Visit From Santa and Mrs. Claus





A Visit From the State President

NYS Elks Association President, Martin Rosenthal from Central Islip


Our first experience Snow Tubing

There were also lots and lots of meetings, lots and lots of emails and texts.  Quite a few early morning meetings and late night dinners.

But we learned alot - about Elkdom, about ourselves.  We are both staying active this year.  I'm continuing on the Lodge Audit Committee but I gave up my officer position to spend time with Shelby.  Hubby has taken a District Committee position and will be helping out where needed at the local lodge.

If you have any interest in becoming an Elk, please let me know.  Or you can go to www.elks.org and complete the membership application.  It will be automatically routed to the lodge closest to you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)