A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, April 5, 2014

Mommy wants to sleep!

I have had 7+ months of sleeping bliss.  My beautiful girl has slept great, even in the hospital~ 10-12 hours a night.

Until recently.


She gets up in the morning. Has some food and milk (either me or a bottle depending upon if I am home), and plays.  Takes an hour or so nap.  Gets up, has some lunch, plays, and some milk. Then takes a several hour nap. Wakes up, plays, has dinner and some milk.  If I'm working I'm usually home by now, so she nurses. She falls asleep in my arms (while nursing) but the minute I move her she wakes up. If I try to pop her off, she wakes up.

And then she is up until 11pm or later.  Sometimes it is midnight or 1am. 

And this week she likes 3am for a midnight feeding.

My alarm goes off at 5:30am for work. And she wants to eat then too.  And she is still up by 8am.

Now, I'm not complaining. Well, maybe I am a bit.  But I know this is just a phase, and she is having a growth spurt and teething.

Thankfully daddy doesn't mind being up all night.

But mommy wants a bit more sleep.





The Life Of Faith

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)