A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, April 14, 2014

5 for Five - April 14



So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:


1. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 4 months! Done! I read 10! I separated them from the rest of the pile, so I always knew the current status of this goal.
2. Finish cleaning out the expired coupons. I did some more, but didn't finish.
3. Get into a coupon pattern of a little each night so that everything is all ready before we go shopping. I started a bit of a pattern. Hubby helps by getting the inserts out of the newspaper and making the first pass through them and clipping those. Now we just have to look at the sales flyer and make a list and get any printable coupons.
4. SMART goal - Get back into a "work prep" routine. I've been forgetting my full coffee mug (not good) or my breast milk ice pack (bearable as I have an office refrigerator). I did better this week, but it was only 3 days in the office. Let's see how next week goes.
5. Have some down time to enjoy my family. Done!


Yeah, this was a pretty bad week. But I can't meet all my goals every week, even if I really, really want to!

So what are my goals for this week???
1. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week. I am determined to get these done before Shelby turns 1 in 4 months! I am in mid-September.
2. Get back into a blogging schedule of at least 3-4 posts a week (besides this one).
3. Finish cleaning the expired coupons. If I wait any longer, I will be cleaning out the April expired ones too!
4. Do some NNPDF action items.
5. Get Shelby's Easter basket ready.

You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)