A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, March 22, 2014

Happy or Unhappy

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself:
I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today."
--Groucho Marx, American comedian

How many times have we gotten up and realized the coffee pot didn't turn on so there is no coffee to drink? Or the dog decided to have an accident in the middle of the floor that you stepped in with bare feet? And we decide that it is now a bad day because of these events.

But it is all in how we look at these events. Coffee pot not working? That just gives us a reason to ask a co-worker if they want to get a cup of coffee. Stepped in dog poo? It's supposed to be good luck.

Just a simple change in outlook has the power to make you happy or unhappy. Instead of finding all the negative things happening in your day to make you unhappy, find the positive things to make you happy.

Who remembers this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)