A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bragging Rights from the Oscars!!!

We won Best Picture!!! We won Best Picture!!!

Ok, Ok, I, personally, can't really claim any of the credit.  But I've got your attention.


The story synopsis from Yahoo Movie:
In the pre-Civil War United States, Solomon Northup, a free black man from upstate New York, is abducted and sold into slavery. Facing cruelty at the hands of a malevolent slave owner, as well as unexpected kindnesses, Solomon struggles not only to stay alive, but to retain his dignity. In the twelfth year of his unforgettable odyssey, Solomon's chance meeting with a Canadian abolitionist will forever alter his life.

 Here is the movie trailer from YouTube:



So what are the bragging rights?  The movie is based on real life events in a book written by Solomon Northup, who lived in Saratoga Springs.  Saratoga Springs is only about 15 minutes away from where I live and is in the same county, so I'm claiming the bragging rights!!

Here is the link to the local newspaper article about the movie and the win.

How often can you say that the Oscar award-winning Best Picture movie is from where you live?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)