A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Sunday, March 16, 2014

A reminder of the Beginning

The other day I created a Facebook page dedicated to the posts from this blog and other related items.  You can access that page here.

In creating the page, I went back to when it started....June 2012.

Looking back, many things have stayed the same.

I found the second post I wrote about the different "groups" I am a part of.  I still feel that these 5 groups define me and how I approach this blog:
  • parent to a special needs child
  • parent to an angel
  • parent to a special needs angel
  • parent to a Niemann-Pick child
  • parent to a Niemann-Pick angel
My third post was about the first angel after I started writing.  I will be writing more about the amazing Ingram family soon.  Their life has some distinct parallels to mine.

My fourth post highlights some areas that I am starting to rebuild on: getting back into a routine and getting caught up on my newspapers.  So for those wondering why I have newspaper reading in many of my 5 for Five posts, this may explain it.

One thing that has changed is the frequency of my writing.  It used to be very sporadic and became more routine in October 2012 but then trailed off again for a bit.  It picked up again in February 2013 and then trailed off in the early summer.  I think I've been pretty consistent since then.

So for those who have been here since the beginning, I thank you.  For those who are just jumping on board now, I welcome you and hope you enjoy spending a few  minutes with me every day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)