A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, March 31, 2014

5 for Five - March 31



So what is 5 For Five? In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week. Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).

Here were the goals from last week:


1. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week. Nope. I read 6. But I am done with August!
2. Get caught up on my NNPDF emails. Yes!
3. Clean out the expired coupons. I'm going to call this about a quarter done. I went through part of my extra coupons, but haven't completed it and haven't finished my coupon book either.
4. Get one box of items mailed. Nope.
5. Get those pictures printed for my Grandma. Nope.

I did better than I expected. It's been a challenging week with a teething baby.

So what are my goals for this week???

1. SMART goal - read 2 newspapers a day - that should be between 10-14 by the end of the week.
2. Finish cleaning out the expired coupons.
3. Get Shelby on a better sleeping schedule. These incoming teeth are bothering her at night.
4. Get into a coupon pattern of a little each night so that everything is all ready before we go shopping.
5. Do a bit more on the blog redesign.


You are probably wondering what a SMART goal is.  It is a term I "borrowed" from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life by Crystal Paine.  SMART goals are specific, measurable, attainable, realistic, and time-bound.  Since all these goals are really time-bound (1 week), I just have to get better at meeting the other criteria.

Ok, who is with me?  Let's keep each other on track to a better year!



Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are my referral links. By clicking on these links I may be compensated.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)