A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, December 30, 2013

New Year's Five for 5

Last year, there was a special edition of Five for 5 - goals for the new year.

Party of One


So what were my goals for 2013?

2013 Goals

1. Get myself organized again. 
(this disappeared after Dan died)
2. Use my juicer more.  
(we got it for Dan to make sure he had good juice and we did use it, but obviously not much lately)
3. Evaluate the job situation. 
(the stress and bs is getting to be too much)
4. Read more books. 
(one of my favorite things to do)
5. Pay off some bills.
 (We all have them don't we?)


So how did I do?

1. I had good spurts and bad. After Shelby I wasn't as organized.  But using the lessons from Say Goodbye to Survival Mode I am getting better.  We use an online calendar (Cozi) to make sure we know what appointments and events are going on, so that has helped.
2. Nope.  Not even close.  It's used as a holder for my lunch bag.
3. There were some significant changes near the end of the year, so it will be a bit to determine if they are changes for the good.  I have a bit less than 17 years with the government, so it is tough to walk away.
4. I've read a few that I did reviews of.  Here are my reviews of Sunshine After the Storm and Say Goodbye to Survival Mode.  But I did read a bunch of newspapers and am slowly getting caught up.
5. I was hoping to pay some off before Shelby arrived, but it didn't happen.  And then a maternity leave and a government furlough didn't help.  So, no, this goal didn't get accomplished.


Let's try this again:


2014 Goals

1. Get myself organized again. 
(this will be vitally important with Shelby)
2. Read more. 
(it doesn't matter what it is, I just want to do more of it.)
3. Pay off 2 bills.
 (We all have them don't we?)
 4. Clean out some of the junk.
(We all have some.)
5. Don't sweat the small stuff.
('nuff said.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)