A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, December 14, 2013

How A Clinical Trial Really Looks

Last year in Nashville, the first family we met was the Papier's: mom Darrile, dad Mark and son Dillon.

Dillon reminded us of Dan, even though he was a few years older.  We spent some time talking with them and I spent some additional time with Darrile at the NNPDF meetings.

Shortly after the conference, I found this article about Dillon:

http://www.sheknows.com/parenting/articles/962672/mom-story-my-son-has-niemann-pick-disease



Last month I posted the Wall Street Journal Article about how  long it has taken to bring a potential treatment through the research to clinical trial.  Part of that article had a video of Dillon:




Dillon has recently been re-enrolled in the cyclodextrin clinical trial.  Amy Markus, the Wall Street Journal reporter, has followed Dillon as he continues on his journey: 

http://blogs.wsj.com/photojournal/2013/12/10/trials-a-race-to-save-a-boy/


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)