A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Another NPC Angel

October is Niemann Pick Disease Awareness Month

Remember Chad Mayo who I introduced you to about a week ago?

His brother posted this:
It is with great sorrow that I must inform you that today, Oct 25th, Heaven received yet another angel. My brother, W. Chad Mayo passed in peace. I am so proud of my brother for his amazing fight. For the past 20 years he fought a battle with Niemann Pick Type C, and continued to prove all the doctors wrong. He fought and wouldn't stop until his last breath. I am honored to share this family name"Mayo" with you. Godspeed my brother, and sweet dreams. Until we meet again. I will love you always!!


Chad's mom wrote this:

I've read these notices over and over for years and never looked forward to the time that we would have to write one ourselves but on October 25, 2013 our sweet Chad left this earth to join his Heavenly Father and loved ones that have gone before him.

We feel blessed to have had the privilege to share Chad's life for 39 years but it's never long enough.  We already miss his presence and his infectious laugh.

Thank you to so many that kindly sent a card and note sending Chad their warm sentiments.  Chad was home with his family, the week prior to his passing his younger brother and his family were able to take Chad for several walks as we had been blessed with lovely weather.  Quite a few friends and family came to visit Chad.  Our aim was to make his remaining time as "happy" and loving and as normal a routine as possible.  The second week became more challenging with Chad's regression but we are so grateful for the time that we had been afforded.  Chad passed peacefully with his family and close friends around him at 6:30 pm in the comfort of his own bedroom.

Thank you again for the years of interest, concern and love shown from the NPC family.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)