A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

The BIG Announcement

Welcome to our new daughter Shelby! 
She was born on August 7.




Shelby was born at 38 weeks and was under 5 pounds.  
She came home on time and has been steadily gaining weight.





We know that Daniel had a hand in bringing Shelby to us.  Not to get to personal, but she was conceived just about a year after Dan died.  And she was born on the same day of the month as Dan, the 7th.  I know her angel big brother will follow her everywhere and protect and guide her.

4 comments:

  1. She's so beautiful - congrats a zillion times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Jill - in addition to being completely adorable, she is a little powerhouse. I can't believe how strong she is for such a teeny little peanut. And that bottom picture is just too sweet for words. Every time you post a picture of her, my heart gives a little jump for joy. So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for the lovely words and support.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jill,
    Congratulations on your baby girl, Shelby. She is so precious and what a blessing. I am so happy for you to be able to celebrate this joy. I wish you much happiness.

    Sincerely,
    Karina

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)