A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Monday, September 16, 2013

5 for Five - Sept 16

Here is the next installment of 5 for Five with Jenn at Party of One.




So what is 5 For Five?  In the short form, it is 5 goals you want to achieve this week.  Next week, I will report on my success (or failure).  Jenn does a better job of explaining it here.

Here were last week's goals:
1. Get next week's 5 for Five post done for Monday.  I'm writing it on Monday morning.
2. Write (and schedule) future blog posts. Nope.
3. Read some newspapers. I read two, not as many as I wanted.
4. Do some organizing. Organized Shelby's closet and dresser. This girl is blessed with so many clothes.
5. Start thinking about what I want to do for Niemann Pick Disease Awareness Month in October.  I'm open to suggestions. Had a friend post about a fundraising opportunity.

Ok, so what are my goals for this week?

1. Read some newspapers
2. Schedule posts for the next few weeks.
3. Start to get on a schedule before returning to work.
4. Do some more organizing.
5. Spend some time with family.


Anyone want to join me in making some goals?


So what are you planning for this week?  Feel free to post them below if you want.

4 comments:

  1. Get as much stuff as possible ready for my yard sale! Need to get rid of so much trash and treasures! AND, get the boxes down the stairs so I don't have to do it all on Friday!
    Place ads on Craigslist and local Facebook garage sale pages!
    Have food ready for helpers and myself so I don't spend the money I make on take out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have thought so many times about doing this also Jill. I don't want to do it in a blog tho, maybe just my facebook page?!? I think it makes you wanna do the tasks more if you have to report back on the progress of them. Hmmmm, maybe I will work on this this evening. :-)

    Oh, and I am always rooting for you to read your newspapers. Every since you posted that you have to read them in order. I loved that! What month are you at now?

    Hugs to you all. Give Shelby a kiss from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa, I've made it to early April. Reading has slightly slowed down. You don't need a blog to post your goals, anywhere they work for you. Many people find the publicness of the goals make yoy more accountable. They don't have to be big tasks either.

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)