A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, April 12, 2013

17 Months

Yesterday was 17 months since we lost Dan. 

Over the past few days two other grieving mothers have written amazing blog posts about what it is like - moving forward, but not quite.

So here is Lorna's post.  Lorna lost her daughter Naomi to Niemann-Pick Type C on July 6, 2012 at the age of 9.

Here is Chelsea's post.  Chelsea lost her son Trek to Niemann-Pick Type A on June 21, 2012 at the age of 14 1/2 months.

Please take a minute and read these. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jill - I wish there were words I could offer that could take away your pain, but I know there are not. I do know that because you and the other moms whose blogs I have been following have been courageous enough to share what is in your hearts, I have become so much more mindful to think about what might be behind the smile on someone's face. To remind myself that I can never really know where another person's journey has taken them. To truly and genuinely feel more connected to each person I meet. Thank you so very much for that. Sending love and good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)