A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Thought for the day

I may not have gone where I intended to go,
but I think I have ended up where I intended to be."

--Douglas Adams,
English writer


I saw this quote a week or so ago and thought about it, a lot.

How many of us have specific plans and ideas about what we want to do in any given day, week, month?  How many of those specific plans and ideas do we do?  How often did we get sidetracked or off on a tangent?

Do you remember what you wanted to be when you grew up?  A ballerina, an astronaut, a firefighter?  Did you achieve that goal?

All of our day to day experiences - who we meet, what we do - have the ability to change the way we move through life.

Looking back, I didn't know if I was ever going to get married or have kids.  And now, I've been married over 10 years and had and lost a child. 

Did I ever expect to be a blogger?  Nope.  (ok - this "job title" didn't even exist then)

Did I ever expect to be a teacher about Niemann-Pick Disease?  Did I ever expect to be someone who others ask for advice?  Nope. 

But my experiences have changed where I intended to go, and instead put me where I am today, which is exactly where I need to be.

So that is today's thought for the day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)