A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Second Liebster Award

In the fall, I was nominated for my first Liebster Award.  You can see my post on it here.

Last week, I was nominated for a second Liebster Award.  Since this award is given by other bloggers who read my blog, I enjoy responding to these.

So here goes.

What is the Liebster Award? Here are the Rules!:

This award is given to new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers...the award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another.

1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go back to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.


I was nominated for this award by Deedra at At My Counter


My random facts:
1. I don't like to clean.
2. I consider myself a cat person.
3. I have blue eyes.
4. I love to read books (but haven't had time lately).
5. I own a blackberry.
6. I still have an old "landline" phone in my house.
7. I don't know what I "want to be" when "I grow up".
8. Slow internet service drives me nuts.
9. I can fruits and vegetables from my garden.
10. I live in New York (but nowhere near New York City)
11. I need a haircut.


Her questions for me:
1. If the moon was made out of cheese, what kind cheese would you like it to be?
               Swiss
2. Do you catch yourself watching cartoons when there are no children around?
               No because I don't have the tv on often when I am home.
3. What was your favorite post on your blog to wright?
               The post titled Who Am I?
4. What makes your blog stand out?
                I think it is because I write about things most people feel are not subjects to write about - death, grief, rare diseases - it isn't all happy things.
5. What zoo animal would you want to me?
              A kangaroo.  Don't ask me why, because I don't have any sort of reason.
6. What are you really good at?
             Lately - being lazy!   Seriously - I think it is researching options before making a decision on a major issue.
7. What is the best tea or coffee to drink?
             Whatever coffee is on sale!
8. Will you do something just for yourself this year, if so what will it be?
              I don't know - I rarely do anything for myself.
9. Do you prefer straight or bendy straws?
            Bendy!
10. What historical period would you like to live in if you could go back in time?
             When life was less complicated and involved more family time.
 11. What was the last thing you ate?
              Meatloaf made by my hubby with ground beef and sausage.


Questions for the new bloggers:
1. Would you rather live in the city or the country?
2. What is the best part of your day?
3. What is your dream job?
4. Name one thing you like about yourself.
5. What is your favorite store to shop at?
6. What social media accounts do you have (you don't need to link them if you don't want to)?
7. Who is your favorite singer/group?
8. What is your favorite meal to cook?
9. Who is your hero?
10. When do you write your blog posts?
11. What is the weather like right now?


My award recipients (in no particular order):

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating my blog Happy Moms, Happy Homes! It's always nice to read the blogger's answers to these fun questions. It sounds like you need a little more "me time." The blog you nominated is an e-book. If you've got time, you can start from the beginning, just keep clicking on "Previous." I do need to add the next post. I add a poem of mine at the end of each series.

    I love cats too! You can see ours at http://abooksandmore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)