A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, December 28, 2012

My Christmas Gifts

Two weeks ago I posted my Christmas Wish List.  I didn't actually get anything on my list, but I did make some progress on it.  My mother sent me the name and contact information of a person who does leather work.  Now I just have to get there.  Hubby and I went to the mall looking for one of those places that does stockings...but they don't seem to exist anymore.  So we purchased 4 stockings, stencils and glitter glue to make a Mom stocking.  Got it all home and realized the stencils were too big and neither of us was confident to free-hand the word Mom.

As far a celebrations this year, the oldest step-son had a holiday gathering at his place last Saturday evening.  He had a bunch of friends and some family over and we had a good time laughing and talking.  Christmas Day we stopped at my sister-in-law's house to leave Christmas and birthday presents for the youngest member of the family (hubby's nephew's son) who is turning 3 this weekend.  We timed the visit perfectly as he was there and was able to open his Christmas gifts.  Then we headed to my parents for a quiet Christmas dinner.  My parents gave us a huge picture frame of Christmas pictures of Dan.

We had a lovely little bit of snowfall and had a nice white Christmas.  After Christmas is when we got our big storm - about 12-15 inches that started late on December 26 and came down all day on December 27.  In the middle of it, we trudged to the doctor because we both felt horrible.  Turns out I have the flu and since I am usually never sick, my doctor gave me Tamiflu.  48 hours later I am starting to finally feel better - I'm still a bit tired and I'm coughing and have a runny nose.  But the aches are gone, the fever is gone and the headache is gone.  Hopefully by New Year's I will feel completely better.

This is the last installment of Bloggers for Christmas this year.  I hope these lovely ladies do it again next year.

Bloggers for Christmas

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)