A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Following After Trek

During October I wrote several posts (here and here) about getting this book published.  It was officially published on November 20, 2012.

Here is a short summary:
Following After Trek is based on the real life story of Trek Atlas Ingram and a tale of a father who travels into the unknown in search of his son.

What would you do if you were told your child only had 6 months to live?

That the life you had been dreaming and planning for them, would never happen.

That is the exact situation Jarrett Ingram found himself in when he was told that his infant 3rd son, Trek Atlas, had a rare disease with no cure or treatment. His family brought him home that day and quickly decided his short future. They were going to take Trek to see the world.

Follow along the true life story of Trek Atlas Ingram and his family as he travels around the world, and the pain and love they experience living every day as if it was their last. The amazing story of Trek's life is intertwined with a fiction story of a man that will stop at nothing to save his son. It is based on a dream that Trek's dad had just days after he died, about the love and loss of a father finding out if his son still needs him.

I was very proud to be a Kickstarter backer to this project and this family.  They are living a dream of many - traveling the world with their family.  Yes, they have had heartache and they do get homesick.

Back to the book....
I got my copy on Tuesday and started reading it Wednesday morning and I couldn't put it down.  I had to finish it before the fundraiser because I had all the books that parents have written there and wanted to be able to talk about the book if anyone asked.  Below is my review:


Following After TrekFollowing After Trek by Jarrett Ingram
My rating: 5 of 5 stars







The book is available on Amazon and Barnes & Noble in Kindle, nook, and paperback.

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a really great read. I will definitely look into it. I remember you telling me about this family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started the book, too, Jill. I can't wait to get home tonight and get closer to that twist at the end that I keep reading about! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Cathy, I can't wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post Jill. It means so much that you are helping to spread Trek's story. Happy holidays, and I hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome! Enjoy the holidays in Thailand.

      Delete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)