A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Book update

October is Niemann-Pick Disease Awareness Month.

Remember my post about helping to get a book published?  Today is the last day to help the Ingram family.  They have well exceeded their goal of $3,000 to get 200 books published.  All the extra funds will be used to publish more books.

Please take a minute to go to the Kickstarter website and look at the information posted there and if you can provide any last minute help, I know they would appreciate it.

Below is the video that they created to include on the page.  I am posting it here so everyone can view it when it is convenient, even after the Kickstarter project is over.

A little about the Ingram family:
When their 3rd son, Trek, was born in their driveway, they knew they had to follow their dreams.  So they sold their possessions and purchased one-way tickets to Thailand.  Before they left, they found out that Trek had Niemann Pick Type A, the most serious form of Niemann Pick Disease.  After consulting with doctors, researchers and their own inner emotions, they decided to follow their dream and travel the world.  They spent time in Central and South America.  They returned stateside for a bit and then took off to Japan and Thailand, where Trek died in their arms.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)