A blog about the grief after losing a child to Niemann Pick, Type C, a rare disease, and how I'm moving forward with my life.

Friday, September 28, 2012

Psychics

I always had some interest in the paranormal, ghosts, and spirits. But I never really knew how to explore it.

My sister-in-law tells a story about going to a psychic to get a reading and the psychic told her some information about a family member. Little did she (or anyone else) know that what the psychic saw and said would come true a few years later.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money when I wasn't really certain if I really felt comfortable going to a psychic or medium.

There are tv shows and "theatrical" shows with psychics/mediums. But how much is real and how much is made up?

I saw an ad in a local newspaper for a local psychic. She does a message circle every week for $10 a person, no reservation required. So I figured what's the worst that can happen? I blow $10 and never go back.

I never met this woman, had never seen her around town, and she had never seen me before. But that first time made me a believer.

As she was going around the room giving messages to people, she looked straight at me and asked me if I knew someone who had lost a child. There was no need to answer her, as the tears started. That night she assured me Dan was ok - and told me that he can do more where he is now than he ever could here. And he is a very, very strong presence who fills the room when she let's him.

Yes, I've been back to the message circles. Several times. Every time Dan is there, and every time he provides a source of inspiration and comfort.

Psychics/mediums are not for everyone. I have not yet brought myself to have a full reading because I know it will be emotional for both of us. But one of these days I will.

1 comment:

  1. Jill, when I get a moment tomorrow, I'm going to message you. And I'm so glad you went, it offers peace. Hugs and love, Christy - Amy's mom

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from my readers. Please leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. :-)